As a runner who gets through trainers like there’s no tomorrow who has a habit of checking out other runners footwear, I’ve been intrigued by the current adidas campaign filling up my Twitterfeed.
What on earth are these shiny new kicks called Ultra BOOST? And more importantly what are their special features that will BOOST my run? Well the following video may help…
And for those who like to know about features, the adidas Ultra BOOST include:
- Heel counter made from highly elastic material to aid stability
- Twenty percent more BOOST foam for added comfort and consistent cushioning unlike EVA soles, which tend to lose cushioning properties in hot and cold climates
- Made from Primeknit technology to adapt to the changes in conditions when running and ensure less restriction if your feet expand
- Stretch web outsole – again stretches and adapts with foot strike and movement
- A Torsion system (oh nod to the old skool 90s) embedded into the shoe’s sole which allows your heel and forefoot to move independently and so again helps with stability while you run
They also look very sleek in black (very Batman-esque):
Will they revolutionize running? Probably not. But I can’t wait to get my hands on a pair when they go into store on 22 February 2015. Just another way to BOOST my long training runs while I prepare for the Marathon des Sables.