While 50 shades of a certain colour may be all the rage at the moment, these grey days are calling out for colour. And one of the trends happening in sportswear at the moment is what can only be described as the “spray paint effect” or print. No, that doesn’t mean skin-tight clothes spray-painted designs on naked ladies but a mash up of a certain colour as seen in my must-wear piece of the moment – this adidas Climawarm turquoise top.
I may be living in my adidas warm and snuggly layer but that doesn’t stop me looking at other ways to brighten up my sportswear wardrobe. Here are my picks of “spray paint” sportswear to put some zing back into your workout wardrobe and motivate you on the cold and bleak February days. 1. Layered tank from LIJA (soon available on Net-a-Porter) Sod the yoga classes, this is the kind of pretty tank to wear at whatever opportunity you have available. The layering effect is very flattering and the colour will remind you that the holiday and sunshine is not too far away.
2. Sweaty Betty trail jacket, £225, Sweaty Betty Fan of the trails? Keep yourself warm thanks to the detachable thermal layer of this 3-in-1 trail jacket from Sweaty Betty.
3. Nike tempo printed mod shorts, £30, Nike If you dare to bare your legs this season, just do it in colour and comfort with these light-weight running shorts from Nike.
4. Running top, £12.99, H&M A form-fitting and functional racerback top that you really can afford to add to your workout wardrobe from H&M.
5. Mussels from Brussels oversized tee by Been by d’Heygere, £98, Fashercise Blow the budget on this statement tee from Been by d’Heygere. Curse you Fashercise for introducing me to this very cool sports label as it’s simply print paradise.
6. Leadlight legging by Lucas Hugh, £280, StylePB Will they help you run faster? Probably not. But at least you’ll receive some fashion kudos while you have a go. These Lucas Hugh leggings are for deep pockets but are a work of art and available on StylePB, which is definitely worth a look if you love your fashion and fitness.
Do you have your eye on your next payday treat? Let me know if there are any sportswear trends that you’ve spotted to keep you motivated and heading towards your goal.