You all know my mum and if you don’t, well two years ago she completed her first 5K.
Since then she’s continued with weekly Pilates classes, Yoga and some PT sessions to keep herself in trim. Yes, like mother like daughter, she really is one focused lady who loves a challenge. But no, that’s not why she’s a Ninja.
Mum had a brace put on her teeth back in the summer which meant she was unable to eat or speak properly for several weeks. So when my brother came over from the States where he now lives, he went out and bought her a Ninja blender. If you’re not sure what one of those is, then don’t ask my dad. He would say it’s like a live lawn mower enclosed in a broom cupboard when my mum decides on a daily basis to create a smoothie of some kind.
In fact, the Ninja is a blender that has fast become my mum’s favourite toy. I kid you not. On a weekly if not daily basis, I receive Whatsapp picture messages from my mum of a smoothie or soup made from her Ninja. When I head home, I am force fed some creation from the bible or the Ninja recipe book. Let’s just say there’s no better advocate for the Ninja than my mum and that’s why I asked her to share a few words about her Ninja. Here’s what she said:
- I love my Ninja
- It takes me only a minute to make a high-protein smoothie when I’m hungry and in a hurry.
- I can use all of our home-grown vegetables and fruit raw in a healthy smoothie, which costs me nothing.
- I can mix fruit and vegetables for a refreshing and tasty smoothie packed full of vitamins and minerals.
- It’s also brilliant for beating eggs and can add parsley, source of vitamin C, for really fluffy omelettes.
- In terms of soups, you have to cook vegetables first, leave them to cool and liquidise. I have yet to try squash soup as we’ve had no luck in the allotment this year.
- Since I’ve been doing my one-a-day with Ninja, my cholesterol has dropped below 3 and my stomach is so happy – I’m as regular as clockwork!
Mum’s top 5 recipes
Ninja 9 -8 vitamin(A+B+C) packed smoothie
Protein banana pear mousse for after training
Top of the morning
Trail Mix Smoothie
The Ninja doesn’t come cheap but you do get a recipe book with it that will be well used if you’re anything like my mum. Perhaps one for the Christmas list.
Do you have a Ninja or power blender? What is your favourite recipe? Let me know below.